Plex Systems Adds Seven Customers In Busy Second Quarter
Auburn Hills-based Plex Systems Inc., provider of the No. 1 rated manufacturing ERP software Plex Online, announced that it has added seven new customers and expanded its business with existing customers during the second quarter of 2010.
In addition, the company held its annual user conference, opened a new Auburn Hills office, and continued to receive industry recognition.
Plex president Mark Symonds said manufacturers are continuing to choose Plex Online’s fully integrated software-as-a-service model to operate leaner and maximize profitability.
Plex Systems’ newest customers include:
* Argent International Inc. — Argent, based in Plymouth, is a self-adhesive and airbag linings manufacturer that supplies to automotive customers. The company is switching from QAD to Plex Online. Assisted by Plex Systems partner Baker Tilly, Argent is implementing the full Plex Online system.
* DieTech Tool & Manufacturing Inc. — DieTech Tool & Manufacturing is an automotive metal stamper based in Imlay City. The company is launching the full Plex Online system.
* Muth Mirror Systems LLC — Sheboygan, Wis.-based Muth Mirror is a privately owned manufacturer of automotive mirrors like the Signal Mirror and Blind-Spot Detection Display mirrors. The company will launch Plex Online’s core system.
* Spring Dynamics, Inc. — Based in Almont, Spring Dynamics manufactures precision springs for automotive suppliers. This family business selected Plex Online over QAD, and will launch all core functions immediately. They plan to deploy quality, tooling, program management, and maintenance functions later.
* Ultra Tool & Manufacturing, Inc. — With help from Plex Systems partner Baker Tilly, Menomonee Falls, Wis.-based Ultra Tool & Manufacturing will launch the full Plex Online system. A precision manufacturer of metal stampings and tooling and fabrications for electronics, motorcycle and industrial customers, the company selected Plex Online as an alternative to upgrading its existing Epicor product.
* A Michigan-based automotive supplier of glass products is launching Plex Online’s manufacturing functions and some quality functions.
* A wind-power company based in Michigan signed on as a direct user of Plex Online. A user of Plex Online under a previous multi-site contract, the company signed up as a direct customer, implementing all Plex Online functions.
Two existing customers expanded their use of Plex Online.
* Almco Steel — This Bluffton, Ind.-based metalstamper and existing user of Plex Online elected to add the ISO/TS 16949 audit module to the applications used at all locations.
* Royal Oak Industries – Pleased with the implementation of Plex Online at its Texas Machining Enterprises facility, Royal Oak Industries has selected Plex Online for its new Texas-based manufacturing plant. The company manufactures engines and powertrains for heavy equipment, off-road racing and high-performance markets.
Also, Plex announced that the company’s ninth annual user conference, PowerPlex, was held May 17-19. The event was attended by more than 450 guests, the largest attendance to date and double the size of its 2009 guest list — a testimony to the growing popularity of Plex Online.
Plex Systems opened a new office for its growing technical team with a formal ribbon-cutting ceremony in April. Oakland County Executive L. Brooks Patterson, Auburn Hills Mayor James D. McDonald, and others joined in the ceremony.
During the second quarter of 2010, Plex Online was named a 2010 Best Product that Readers Trust, selected by readers of the Network Product Guide. Also, the launch of Plex Online at Phoenix Logistics was named Information Security Products Guide’s 2010 Best Deployment Scenario in two categories: Enterprise Management and SaaS Business Applications.
Plex Systems leaders were honored as well. Symonds was named a finalist in the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Awards and was elected to the board of directors of the Software & Information Industry Association. In addition, Plex CFO Mike Twarozynski was named Crain’s Detroit Business CFO of the Year.
Plex Systems is also the exclusive sponsor of the World Class Manufacturing sessions at the 2010 Center for Automotive Research Management Briefing Seminars Aug. 2-5 in Traverse City. Plex Systems is also sponsoring social media at the event. Search Twitter at #MBS2010 for the latest news about the CAR Management Briefing Seminars.
More at www.plex.com.
(c) 2010, WWJ Newsradio 950. All rights reserved.