Washtenaw Work Earns ImageSoft Award From Center for Digital Government
The Southfield business process automation software developer ImageSoft Inc. said it had been named winner of The Best Fit Integrator award from the Center for Digital Government. ImageSoft was one of 12 companies nationally to earn the award.
This innovative contest allows government IT entities from throughout the country to recognize exceptional private-sector partners that have worked with them on recent technology projects. ImageSoft was nominated by Washtenaw County and was recognized for its work in implementing Enterprise Content Management and workflow products to improve processes in multiple county departments. The company earned the award in the “Modernization in Public Safety and Emergency Management” category.
ImageSoft has worked with Washtenaw County since 2006 implementing a number of solutions to streamline and improve county processes including:
* An electronic arraignment workflow solution that streamlines document preparation, creation and execution of criminal court documents in two county locations
* An innovative end-to-end digital eContract solution for the City of Ann Arbor that shares Washtenaw County’s infrastructure and resources. The solution improves productivity and transparency and prevents documents from getting lost or signed improperly
* An eWarrant solution for the sheriff and prosecutor that dramatically reduces time to process a warrant request, eliminates drive time, improves transparency and enables prosecutors to try cases from a laptop
* An electronic document management and workflow solution for Child Support Enforcement and Court Services in which judges electronically sign orders that are then eFiled with Court Services, reducing processing time for orders from five days to one day
* Converting the county’s legacy ECM system to a modern, industry-leading solution and saving taxpayers $400,000.
* Using ECM to streamline capture and management of vital records resulting in enhanced efficiency and improved constituent services
“From the very beginning, ImageSoft was a fully-vested partner with Washtenaw County in creating innovative new systems that will result in long-term service improvements and cost savings for our citizens,” said James McFarlane, Washtenaw County director of IT. “ImageSoft delivered what it promised, stood by its work and has taken responsibility to ensure that all parts of the solution have functioned as described and that projects have successful outcomes. Their technical expertise and commitment to success played a major part in the success of ECM at Washtenaw and in the tremendous strides the county has made in its electronic court initiative.”
Added Scott Bade, ImageSoft president, “Being nominated for and then winning this prestigious award is certainly an honor, but the real winner is Washtenaw County. They have consistently demonstrated a desire to leverage technology to better serve their constituents and to maximize scarce taxpayer resources.”
(c) 2010, WWJ Newsradio 950. All rights reserved.