New Software From 3DCS
Troy-based Dimensional Control Systems Inc., developers of software and engineering consulting services, Wednesday announced the release of two new versions of 3DCS software with enhancements that further streamline processes for their users.
3DCS SA 126.96.36.199 simplifies the computer aided design translation process for users of all CAD systems. 3DCS CAA V5 Based 188.8.131.52, for CATIA V5 users, includes numerous ease-of-use enhancements.
New Version 3DCS Analyst Stand Alone (SA) 184.108.40.206 is industry’s only tolerance analysis software with built-in translators to support all CAD systems.
This new version includes built-in CAD translators that eliminate the need for users to purchase, license and utilize separate translators to integrate 3DCS with their various CAD systems.
Said David Johnson, product development manager: “While some of the other dimensional engineering software products on the market include support for a few select CAD systems, we don’t know of anything else out there today with built-in translators to support all of them. This unique, new capability will allow our users to further maximize their efficiency.”
The translators for 220.127.116.11 are provided through DCS’s OEM partnership agreement with TransMagic, a company that provides universal multi-CAD interoperability software applications.
Added Todd Reade, CEO of TransMagic: “We are working closely with DCS to ensure that 3DCS users will have real-time access to CAD data in a broad range of formats. When great technologies mash up, resulting in higher productivity, everybody wins.”
Other enhancements to 3DCS SA 18.104.22.168 include:
* Visualization improvements to cube maps, sky boxes, ambient occlusion, bloom, silhouette edges and spot light shadows
* Improvements to Spec Study, such as better support for “A” and “V” gaps without the need to apply point constraints
* Support of worst-case analyses
* Dozens of new routines and settings including, for example, the ability to use “Section Draw” to cancel the point dragging changes, the addition of a reorder feature button to “feature tolerance,” the addition of a “yes to all” check box to “Save Management,” and the ability to select parts separately in “Copy Data”
New Version 3DCS CAA V5 Based 22.214.171.124 continues to lead with best-in-class 3D tolerance analysis software fully integrated info CATIA V5.
This version is designed for CATIA users and is already fully integrated into CATIA V5, so it does not require CAD translation. It includes many of the same enhancements as 3DCS SA 126.96.36.199, plus:
* Improvements to the FEA-compliant modeler
* Improvements to GD&T, such as additions to the dimensional callout support and a more simplified GD&T display
* Improvements to Spec Study, leveraging CATIA’s embedded photo-realistic visualization capabilities
Established in 1994, DCS is a privately held company with partners and customers around the world. Leading organizations like Airbus, BMW, Boeing, Chrysler, Daimler AG, Embraer, General Motors, Herman Miller, IBM, Lockheed Martin, Volkswagen, and many major tier-one and tier-two suppliers use DCS solutions to optimize product design and manufacturing processes, improve quality, and reduce program cost and timing. DCS’ 3D tolerance analysis and quality assurance software applications fully support the entire product quality lifecycle.
For more information, see www.3dcs.com.
(c) 2010, WWJ Newsradio 950. All rights reserved.