Fire At Detroit Country Club
Visit CBS Detroit's
Smoke was billowing in Grosse Pointe Farms Friday, after a fire ignited in the maintenance facility at the Country Club of Detroit.
Speaking with WWJ Friday afternoon, tipster “Penny” said the scene was beyond crazy.
“There are all kinds of emergency vehicles. More and more are coming. Apparently there’s diesel fuel and gasoline in it, and they are worried that … they’re trying to get it, so their, obviously, isn’t an explosion,” she said.
Despite the blaze, Penny said people were still walking into the main country club hall when she pulled up.
Meantime, a spokesperson for the club said they were not evacuating and were unaware of any injuries.
(Copyright 2010 WWJ Radio. All Rights Reserved.)