Yahoo, Ram Truck Partner In Country Music Destination
Sunnyvale, Calif.-based Yahoo Inc. and Dodge Ram Truck Thursday unveiled “Ram Country on Yahoo Music,” the first dedicated country music site on Yahoo Music, which will serve as the ultimate online hub for country music and its biggest stars.
“Ram Country” is designed to help Ram Truck reach country music fans online and marks the largest single online marketing initiative for the Ram Truck brand.
“Ram Country” (http://ramcountry.music.yahoo.com) represents the first time Yahoo has developed a genre-specific music channel with a single advertiser. The new site will allow the Ram Truck brand to connect with a country music fanbase through an engaging mix of music, blogs, news coverage, and original video programming produced by Yahoo. “Ram Country” will live on Yahoo Music and will be promoted across the Yahoo network.
Ram Truck will be seamlessly integrated into programming featuring the biggest names and rising stars of country music. Creative executions featuring video, eye-catching graphics and audio will be launched across the “Ram Country” channel.
“Ram Country” offers country music fans an unprecedented way to connect with their favorite artists. The Web site spotlights a range of artists through a compelling mix of video programming, news, photos, and promotions.
Yahoo will produce reality-based video programming for the site, such as:
* Going Home, a docu-reality series featuring a country music artist in his or her hometown.
* The Studio, a program in which a country artist performs and is interviewed in the “Ram Country” Studio.
* Music With a View, a scaled-down acoustic performance series that takes place outside in a natural setting.
* Country Covers, a program in which a current artist covers a classic country song or another song by a contemporary artist, as well as his or her own current hit single.
* Another Side Of, a reality segment that looks into a day in the life of a country artist — giving fans a unique view into what the artist does in his or her spare time and overall lifestyle.
Through its expanded original content and genre-specific focus, “Ram Country on Yahoo Music” represents the next step in the evolution of music-themed branded programs created by Yahoo for national advertisers. In recent years, Yahoo Music created successful music-driven programs such as live concert series and Pepsi Smash, a youth-targeted music series. “Ram Country on Yahoo Music” builds upon Ram Truck’s overall comprehensive marketing and advertising strategy for its brand, which is designed to help it connect with its customer on a deeper, more personal level.
(c) 2010, WWJ Newsradio 950. All rights reserved.