1. The NFL is going to be in a lockout next fall, and you can bank on it now. The players despise Commissioner Roger Goodell already, and now the league is ready to throw the book at helmet to helmet offenders. I believe that defensive players have stopped tackling correctly and use poor technique, and so the easy way out is to just jump head first into a game and try and get on SportsCenter. Maybe some of these guys should look in the mirror. James Harrison is lucky he wasn’t ejected for his spearing of Joshua Cribbs on Sunday.
2. Rodney Stuckey is a lightning rod for Pistons fans (no pun intended). Many here want a “true point guard” for their team and certainly, Stuckey is more of a combo-player than anything else. But, Rodney has a lot of talent and when he is dialed in and aggressive, he can be very good. He needs to be. Stuckey is a restricted free agent at the end of the year and is playing for a contract.
3. I enjoy the “true point guard” debate. Do the Lakers have one?
Did LeBron and the Cavs have one? Do the Heat have one? How about the Orlando Magic? Did the Michael and Scottie Chicago Bulls have one? Should I continue?
4. I love baseball. I love watching how every playoff game has a different feel to it and different side-bar. The theatrics last night in the Bronx was a prime example. The fan interference, the 6th inning and strategy to walk Texas’ David Murphy, and now the Yankees with their season on the line and they play a day game today at 4. I just love it.
5. Ndamukong Suh is already one of the top 5 defensive tackles in the NFL. Period. Dude is a stud.