WWJ-TV Special: ‘Building Bridges’
WWJ-TV is proud to announce a three-part series that examines one of the most vital aspects of Michigan’s economy and future. “Building Bridges: From the Great Lakes to the Great Wall” is a WWJ-TV exclusive.
Shot in stunning high-definition and hosted by Carol Cain of WWJ-TV, “Building Bridges” leads us on a journey through China and Michigan to see how the Chinese have built one of the most explosive economies on the planet. This series takes a look at how the economic growth in China could help position Michigan for future growth.
Ms. Cain interviewed an exhaustive roster of experts to offer the most comprehensive, eye-opening report to date on this issue. She traveled extensively throughout China and Michigan to see firsthand how bold pioneers in business and education are laying the groundwork for future prosperity. “Building Bridges” features exclusive interviews with virtually every local business leader and decision-maker who will play a part in Michigan’s economic expansion.
“Building Bridges” features exclusive interviews with virtually every local business leader and decision-maker who will play a part in Michigan’s economic expansion including:
- Jennifer Granholm, Governor of Michigan
- John Engler, Former Governor of Michigan
- Jim Blanchard, Former Governor of Michigan
- L. Brooks Patterson, Oakland County Executive
- Robert Ficano, Wayne County Executive
- Phil Spender, Ford China COO
- Rick Wagoner, General Motors Corporation CEO
- Phil Murtaugh, Chrysler Asia CEO
- Jim Epolito, Michigan Economic Development Corporation CEO
- Jerry Schafer, Senior Vice President, COO, McDonald’s China
- Audie Wong, Amway China President
- Zhou Wenzhong, Chinese Ambassador to the United States
- Mary Sue Coleman, University of Michigan President
- Yong Zhao, Michigan State University Professor
- Kenneth Lieberthal, University of Michigan China Expert
- Mark Brewer, Michigan Democratic Party Chairman
- Mark Gaffney, Michigan AFL-CIO President
- Lou Dobbs, CNN anchor
- David Brandon, CEO, Domino’s Pizza
- Cameron Priebe, Mayor of Taylor
- Marvin Beatty, Greektown Casino Investor
- James Herbert, Neogen CEO
- Tianbao Zhou, CEO, Tempo
- Margaret Brooks, Marketing Manager, GM China
- C. Peter Theut, Partner, Butzel Long, Global Business Advisory Council
- Tom Watkins, CEO, TDW & Associates, former state school superintendent
- Bill Kalmar, Retired Examiner, Malcolm Baldridge Quality Award
- Koralo Chen, Motown Travel
“Building Bridges” is sponsored in part by the Michigan Economic Development Corporation and Oakland County.
For more, please visit the “Building Bridges” special section.