Ann Arbor Spark Presents 10 FastTrack Company Growth Awards
Ann Arbor Spark presented its annual FastTrack awards, sponsored by the accounting and consulting firm Yeo & Yeo P.C., and the Ann Arbor venture capital firm Arboretum Ventures, at AnnArbor.com’s annual Deals of the Year celebration.
FastTrack winners are companies that have demonstrated consistent growth. Several of the 10 companies that won 2010 FastTrack awards were multiple year winners, demonstrating long-term business growth.
“The 2010 FastTrack award recipients show that innovation and dedication can trump the toughest economic climate,” said Michael A. Finney, president and CEO of Ann Arbor Spark. “The variety of businesses receiving awards is reflective of the diversity of ideas and talent prevalent throughout the Ann Arbor region.”
One-year FastTrack winners:
*Beal Inc., a construction contractor specializing in demolition contracting with offices in Ann Arbor, Detroit, and Toledo. The company was formed by President Stewart W. Beal and Vice President Patrick W. Beal in 2006 and has grown to employ over 100 construction tradesmen in the summer months, and 65 year round, making it one of the largest construction companies operating in Washtenaw County.
* Mayaterials Inc., a research and development company that produces novel nano building blocks for the fields of materials science and chemistry. Their research interests also include using green chemistries to make thin films, fiber reinforced composites, vacuum insulation panels and solar grade silicon.
* Pure Visibility Inc., an experienced Internet marketing company that serves companies invested in turning their online marketing into a competitive advantage that drives sales growth. Pure Visibility is one of a few companies in the world with a depth of analytics expertise across three of the industry’s most popular tools made by Yahoo, Google and Urchin.
* Sensitile Systems, a company committed to translating poetic ideas into material form. Its work led to the discovery of new aesthetic phenomena as well as new fabrication techniques and processes to create the Sensitile quality in different materials.
Two-year FastTrack winners:
* Beal Properties LLC, , a property management and development company dedicated to providing affordable apartments and office space in urban environments. The company currently owns 47 properties, 30 of which were purchased in 2009, in Ann Arbor, Ypsilanti, Detroit, and Toledo. The company also manages 10 properties for a select group of clients and is aggressively expanding its property management business.
* Caelynx LLC, a computer-aided engineering firm providing expedient, reliable consulting services to the energy, defense, aerospace, automotive and medical industries. With connected, experienced professionals in the United States, Europe and China, Caelynx offers clients an expansive range of design and analysis capabilities on demand and within budget.
* MedHub Inc., a Web-enabled enterprise residency management system developed to improve communication, collaboration, and residency information management. The MedHub system addresses critical functions that drive training program accreditation, physician training, Medicare reimbursement, affiliated institutional billing, FTE calculation, and reporting, graduate and undergraduate medical education and audit response.
Three-year FastTrack winners:
* LLamasoft Inc., providers of software and expertise to design and improve supply chain network operations. LLamasoft was the first company to combine enterprise-level simulation with full-feature network and inventory optimization within a single modeling application. Today, clients include many of the world’s largest organizations across a wide range of industries.
* SRT Solutions, a company that specializes in providing businesses with customized, reliable, secure software. The company uses the best available tools and processes to write custom software for enterprise systems, specialized machines, embedded products, mobile devices, and web platforms. SRT Solutions also works with clients’ software developers on-site on their current projects, teaching them to apply new technologies.
Four-year FastTrack winner:
* ForeSee Results, the leader in online customer satisfaction measurement, captures and analyzes online voice of customer data to help organizations increase sales, loyalty, recommendations, and website value. Using the methodology of the American Customer Satisfaction Index, ForeSee Results identifies the improvements to websites and other online initiatives with the greatest ROI.
FastTrack awards are presented to companies with consistent records of growth. For the 2010 FastTrack recipients, companies were required to have revenue of at least $100,000 in 2006, and average growth of 20 percent for the following three years. To qualify, companies reported 2009 revenues greater than 2008 revenues.
Ann Arbor Spark is the economic development agency for Washtnenaw County. More at www.annarborusa.org.
(c) 2010, WWJ Newsradio 950. All rights reserved.