Filed underDaily J AM
Another bombshell has been dropped in the case involving a 18-year-old high school student. Joseph Tarnopolski, who was cleared of rape charges earlier this week, could face similar charges in a second case.
Tarnopolski, who a Senior at Huron High School, was facing a rape charge until his accuser hanged herself. Prosecutors Wednesday dropped criminal charges against Tarnopolski, saying they had no case without the accuser’s testimony.
Now WWJ has confirmed that Tarnopolski will face similar charges in a second case. A complaint was filed with Huron Township police back on October 22 and police Lt. Scott Carey says the paperwork has been sent to the Wayne County Prosecutors office.
Criminal charges in the case could come out next week.
Wednesday night, Tarnopolski spoke to the media, saying he’s not to blame for the merciless taunting Samantha Kelly faced from classmates, that her family members say led to her death.
“I wish she hadn’t died,” Tarnopolski said. He added, “it will be on my mind forever” and said he felt “a little bit” responsible for Kelly’s death.
Tarnopolski said Kelly was his friend and they had arranged to have sex as a “mutual thing” between them. He said he thought Kelly was 16-years-old and not 14.
The News Herald reports Tarnopolski has dropped out of school.
© MMX WWJ Radio, All Rights Reserved. The Associated Press contributed to this report.