A prosecutor says he expects the case against the 17-year-old daughter of a couple attacked in their Michigan home and two men authorities say carried out the stabbings to be handled at three separate trials.
St. Clair County Prosecutor Mike Wendling told the Times Herald of Port Huron he expects each trial to last about two weeks.
A judge last month found enough evidence to warrant a trial for Tia Skinner, her 18-year-old boyfriend Jonathan Kurtz and his 18-year-old neighbor James Preston.
All three waived arraignments scheduled for Monday in St. Clair County Circuit Court. Pretrial conferences are expected Jan. 10.
They face charges of murder, assault and conspiracy in the Nov. 12 slaying of Tia’s adoptive father, Paul Skinner, and the vicious stabbing of her mother Mara in Yale.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)