DETROIT (WWJ/AP) – Some disturbing details have surfaced about a man who Detroit police say opened fire inside the 6th Precinct two days ago.

Investigators say that a house on Sorrento Street, where suspect Lamar Moore lived, burned to the ground overnight. 

According to police, that home is giving investigators disturbing insight into the actions of 38-year old Moore who was shot and killed by police during the shooting incident on Sunday.

Officers say Moore kidnapped a 13-year old runaway last week and kept her as a sex slave, chained to a toilet in the home.

Meantime, two of the four injured officers have been released from the hospital. Precinct Commander Brian Davis and Sgt. David Anderson remain in stable condition at Sinai -Grace Hospital, where their wives spoke to the media, Tuesday afternoon. (More on this).

Investigators are not saying at this point what prompted Moore to shoot up the 6th precinct, but the Detroit News is reporting that officers may have been closing in on Moore with a warrant . Moore recently lost custody of his son and had been ordered to pay child support.

The last time relatives saw Moore was when he left his sister’s house in Detroit around 2:45 p.m. Sunday, said Paula Hodges, who has been acting as a spokeswoman for Moore’s family.

Footage from surveillance video shows Moore entering the precinct about 4:20 p.m., then beginning to shoot.

One blast caught a sergeant in the chest area of her bulletproof vest. At least one shot grazed two other officers in their heads. Davis, who was shot in the lower back, was the most seriously injured.

Hodges said Moore had been concerned for months over his younger brother’s criminal case, though he didn’t blame the police for what happened. She identified Moore’s brother as Venson Hibbit.

Hibbit pleaded guilty earlier this month to two counts of second-degree murder and one count of assault with intent to commit murder, stemming from a shooting last March at a Detroit auto repair shop. Hibbit was sentenced Monday in Wayne County Circuit Court to 30 to 60 years in prison. 
The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Comments (3)
  1. mattaabb says:

    This was such a tragic event. My heart goes out to those families affected.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Watch & Listen LIVE