Ahead of the blizzard, many Metro Detrotiers asked the boss if they could work from home, Wednesday, or booked hotel rooms close to the office to avoid driving in a possible foot of snow. Several local businesses and buildings have announced they will be closed Wedesday.
SCHOOL CLOSINGS are at this link.
THE FOLLOWING BUSINESSES/BUILDINGS ARE CLOSED:
- The Detroit Public Library will be closed on Wednesday
- The Northville District Library will be closed Wednesday
- Professional Endodontics: all three locations in Southfield, Saint Clair Shores and Clinton Township are closed Wednesday.
- Northridge Church in Plymouth has cancelled all classes and activities for Wednesday and Thursday
- The Community House in Birmingham will be closed on Wednesday
- The Detroit Science Center is closed Wednesday.
- At Beverly Hills Pediatrics at 13 Mile and Telegraph, all appointments have been cancelled for Wednesday. Cindy Husky is the office manager and can be reached at 248-644-4319.
- All Washtenaw County businesses officials as well as Washtenaw County Parks and Recreation. For info, call 734-222-6731.
Henry Ford Health Systems West Bloomfield campus has closed some offices and cancelled some appointments scheduled for Wednesday.
- The Michigan Senate and House are closed
- Livonia trash pickup will be delayed by one day for the rest of the week
- Southfield trash and recycling pickup cancelled Wednesday
- Oakland Mall will have a delayed opening Wednesday of 12 p.m. -closing at 9 p.m., Normal Hours Thursday
- Detroit Public Schools offices will be closed Wednesday
THE FOLLOWING COURTS ARE CLOSED WEDNESDAY:
- Washtenaw County Trial Court and 14A District Court
- Wayne Probate Court — closed Wednesday
- Wayne County Circuit Court (also known as 3rd Judicial Court)
-18th District Court in Westland
-20th District Court — Dearborn Heights
-35th District in Plymouth
-43rd District Court closed in Hazel Park.
-Lapeer County Courts
These city and township offices are closed:
-Bloomfield Township offices
-City of Lapeer offices
Before you head out just about anywhere, Tuesday night into Wednesday, it may be a good idea to call first — even if you have an appointment.
A possible 12-18 inches of snow is expected to fall on Southeast Michigan by end of the day, Wednesday. A Blizzard Warning is in effect from 7 p.m. Tuesday through 7 p.m. Wednesday. Stay with WWJ Newsradio 950 for the latest during Traffic and Weather on the 8s, 24-hours a day.