Businesses, Courts Closed Due To Blizzard
Ahead of the blizzard, many Metro Detrotiers asked the boss if they could work from home, Wednesday, or booked hotel rooms close to the office to avoid driving in a possible foot of snow. Several local businesses and buildings have announced they will be closed Wedesday.
SCHOOL CLOSINGS are at this link.
THE FOLLOWING BUSINESSES/BUILDINGS ARE CLOSED:
– The Detroit Public Library will be closed on Wednesday
– The Northville District Library will be closed Wednesday
– Professional Endodontics: all three locations in Southfield, Saint Clair Shores and Clinton Township are closed Wednesday.
– Northridge Church in Plymouth has cancelled all classes and activities for Wednesday and Thursday
– The Community House in Birmingham will be closed on Wednesday
– The Detroit Science Center is closed Wednesday.
– At Beverly Hills Pediatrics at 13 Mile and Telegraph, all appointments have been cancelled for Wednesday. Cindy Husky is the office manager and can be reached at 248-644-4319.
– All Washtenaw County businesses officials as well as Washtenaw County Parks and Recreation. For info, call 734-222-6731.
Henry Ford Health Systems West Bloomfield campus has closed some offices and cancelled some appointments scheduled for Wednesday.
– The Michigan Senate and House are closed
– Livonia trash pickup will be delayed by one day for the rest of the week
– Southfield trash and recycling pickup cancelled Wednesday
– Oakland Mall will have a delayed opening Wednesday of 12 p.m. -closing at 9 p.m., Normal Hours Thursday
– Detroit Public Schools offices will be closed Wednesday
THE FOLLOWING COURTS ARE CLOSED WEDNESDAY:
– Washtenaw County Trial Court and 14A District Court
– Wayne Probate Court — closed Wednesday
– Wayne County Circuit Court (also known as 3rd Judicial Court)
-18th District Court in Westland
-20th District Court — Dearborn Heights
-35th District in Plymouth
-43rd District Court closed in Hazel Park.
-Lapeer County Courts
These city and township offices are closed:
-Bloomfield Township offices
-City of Lapeer offices
Before you head out just about anywhere, Tuesday night into Wednesday, it may be a good idea to call first — even if you have an appointment.
A possible 12-18 inches of snow is expected to fall on Southeast Michigan by end of the day, Wednesday. A Blizzard Warning is in effect from 7 p.m. Tuesday through 7 p.m. Wednesday. Stay with WWJ Newsradio 950 for the latest during Traffic and Weather on the 8s, 24-hours a day.