DSO Submits New Contract Proposal With Deadline Attached

DETROIT (WWJ/AP) The Detroit Symphony Orchestra has submitted a new contract proposal as the musicians’ strike reaches the four-month mark.

The Detroit News reports that the proposal includes a stipulation that the musicians must respond by February 11. Details weren’t released.

Musicians’ spokesman Haden McKay says the players want to find a resolution to the strike.

 Teams representing management and musicians met last week for the first time since November, but those talks broke down as each side accused the other of not adhering to a three-year, $36 million proposal made in December by then-Michigan Gov. Jennifer Granholm and U.S. Sen. Carl Levin.

The strike is in its fourth month.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

  • http://topsy.com/detroit.cbslocal.com/2011/02/04/dso-submits-new-contract-proposal-with-deadline-attached/?utm_source=pingback&utm_campaign=L2 Tweets that mention DSO Submits New Contract Proposal With Deadline Attached « CBS Detroit -- Topsy.com

    […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by WWJ950, Bonnie. Bonnie said: DSO Submits New Contract Proposal With Deadline Attached http://ow.ly/1bbHHe /via @WWJ950 […]

  • Steve Charles

    Give the musicians what they want. This is no different than arbitration for professional sports. Don’t cave musicians. Hold your ground. Move on if they won’t agree. You can come tour and make more money.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Best Winter Festivals In Metro Detroit
Thanksgiving Parade Guide

Watch & Listen