WATERFORD TWP. (WWJ) – Waterford Township police say they answered a girl’s phone call and found her mother dead from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning from a vehicle running in their garage.

Four children hospitalized.  

When police and fire personnel answered the call at about 8:20 a.m. Monday, they found 37-year-old Shanda Lou Yenglin dead on the garage floor.

Authorities say they took children ages 10, 11, 13 and 14 to the hospital for apparent carbon monoxide poisoning. Police said two are in very serious condition and two in less serious condition.

WWJ’s Florence Walton spoke with Waterford Township Police Chief Daniel McCaw.

“(We’re) trying to continue to investigate and ascertain whether this was an intentional act or if that was accidental, or what might have happened in this case,” McCaw said.
   
The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Detroit

Best Places To See Indie Rock In DetroitIt's called Detroit Rock City for a reason.
Guide: Best Barbecue In Metro DetroitSometimes, nothing hits the spot like good barbecue.

Watch & Listen LIVE