CBS62logoNEW2013_blue_final_header_White wwj950-sm2011b 971-ticket-35smb 35h_CBSSportsRad_Detroit


$31 Million For Michiganders Who Haven’t Filed 2007 Tax Returns

View Comments

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

DETROIT (WWJ) – Short on cash? You may be able to collect some of the $31 million that the IRS says it has for Michiganders who have not filed their 2007 income tax returns.

The IRS says there are nearly 31,000 people in Michigan who did not file a federal income tax return for 2007. In order to collect any money that’s due, a return for 2007 must be filed with the IRS no later than Monday, April 18, 2011. If no return is filed to claim a refund within three years, the money becomes the property of the U.S. Treasury.

According to the IRS, half of the potential refunds due from 2007 are for $663 or more. However, keep in mind that if you are due a refund, it will not be paid until returns for 2008 and 2009 have been filed.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,919 other followers