911 Call Released In Waterford Monoxide Death

WATERFORD TWP. (WWJ/AP) – Officials have released a 9-1-1 call that was made by a 13-year-old girl after finding her mother lifeless in the garage of their Waterford Township home.

 Authorities said the woman tried to kill her family.

“Our mom is passed out in the garage and she’s cold and she can’t move or nothing,” the girl says on the tape, adding that she can’t tell if her mother is breathing.

Police have said 37-year-old Shanda Yenglin on Feb. 27 gave her four children sedatives in milkshakes, then had them sleep in a van parked in their garage with the motor running. Boys ages 10 and 11 and girls ages 13 and 14 were rushed to hospitals Feb. 28 for treatment.

Yenglin died of carbon monoxide poisoning that was ruled a suicide. 

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Comments

More From CBS Detroit

Best 4th Of July Concerts In Metro DetroitStaying home this weekend? Celebrate the 4th of July by rocking out at one of these shows.
Hump Day Drinks: 8 Cheery Cocktail RecipesNow that you've made it through half the work week, it's time to celebrate!

Watch & Listen