Improve Your Financial Health: Live Video Webinar

“Developing Discipline Muscles: How Budgeting Can Improve Your Financial Health”
Presented by Huntington National Bank

In this indulgent society, many of us live above our means and don’t even realize it.  Developing a reasonable budget and the discipline muscles to live by it can ensure we live within our means, eliminate many financial worries, and make immediate improvements to our financial health.

– WATCH THE VIDEO WEBINAR NOW –

Click Here to view the presentation slides.

slide114 Improve Your Financial Health: Live Video Webinar

Presentation Slides

Presented by:

fezzey mccue1 Improve Your Financial Health: Live Video Webinar

Check out these printable forms to help manage your budget. (.pdf)

– More Financial Fitness Webinars Coming Up at CBSDetroit.com –

Comments

1. Robin says:

Many years ago I read something that said one of the first steps to budgeting is to log everything you spend for a month…every detail, beyond the obvious bills. Like coffee shop stops, snack foods, etc. Do you recommend the same?

2. Jim L says:

Each month I struggle with where to put any excess money I have. It’s not much, but should I: a) put it in a savings acct, b) into my 5 year old’s MESP acct, or c) apply it to the principle of my (Huntington) mortgage, or d) something else?

1. Irene says:

resilk78 on October 24, 2011 @resilk78 and for those below who are lkooing for an iPad 2 for Free, simply google for: freeipad2tablet.infoMy brother just got one in his mail this morning, awesome stuff!

3. TOM B says:

With so many of us in MIchigan out of work (some for a very long time), how do we budget? Financial obligations are all still there, but only 1/3 our household income is still in tact. Live on credit, or fall behind and wreck our credit? It seems like an impossible situation. What tips do you have for the thousands of Michiganders like me?

4. jeannie p says:

My household rides a very tight budget line every month… just covering everything. When something unexpected happens – and there’s no cushion – what should we do? (Medical bills, big home or auto repair, etc.) Should we keep up w/normal expenses or pay the big hits? Can’t do both.

5. Suzette Melenoski says:

Are there any self-help workbooks or worksheets that are SIMPLE and would be easy to use, to work out a budget? If it’s too complicated or takes too much time to set up, I’ll lose focus. Anything you can suggest is appreciated.

6. Mike says:

How young is too young to begin teaching my kids about budgeting? Seems that today’s youth don’t know the value of money. Any suggested tips or ways to instill “HOW TO BUDGET” in them?

7. Curt says:

So many expenses are fixed (house, insurance, car, etc.). What are the top things people can do to stretch our dollars?

8. Stephanie says:

Gas prices are killing lots of people, including me. I’m looking into carpooling (or vanpooling with a program called MichiVan) as a way to save hundreds. Do you recommend this kind of thing? Are there other creative ways to reduce expenses?

9. Lewis says:

I think I’ve cut all the expenses I can. So, I’m trying to figure out how to make more money. Do you know of others who are successfully doing this? Could you share any examples? Suggestions?

10. Georgia says:

Does anyone have suggestions on how to effectively organize coupons so you actually use them (before they expire)? I go through and clip them, stash them in a kitchen drawer or a purse pocket, but then forget when actually shopping. Any good tips or system??

11. Pat says:

It drives me nuts, but since the creation of shopping malls, teenage girls have spent countless hours hanging out in them ‘for fun’ – including mine. How do parents balance this social acitivity with the idea of not spending money for recreation?

12. J T says:

It’s hard to explain to family members why we can get a big flat screen tv, because it’s not in the budget, when they hear all the time that our State, schools, major corporations and country are over budget or have budget deficits of trillions. Kind of the “but everyone’s doing it” syndrome. Your Thoughts?

13. Willie Ellis says:

My name is Willie. I want to ask a question. Let’s say a person has two credit card bills and both bills he owes much money. He pays on both bills monthly. Let’s say one particular month he only has enough money to pay for one bill. Should he, that month, pay only just one bill and forgo the other, or should he pay less than the required amount on both bills?

14. LOUISE says:

WHO SHOULD I ASK TO SPEAK WITH WEHN CALLING MY CREDITORS? THE PERSON ANSWERING THE PHONE IS GENERALLY NOT IN A POSITION OF DECISION-MAKING POWER.

15. Jon says:

Lots of advertisements make it seem easy to wipe away debt… like majic. Sounds too good to be true. It is that easy?

16. Dawn says:

Is it actually beneficial to put extra money in my monthly mortgage payment? If I apply an extra $50 bucks to the principle, is that a good idea? Or, is the benefit too far out to matter today?

17. Kristi says:

I started making a little extra food for dinner at night, and bringing leftovers to work for lunch. I’m guessing that I’m now saving at least $45 every week.

18. blake says:

Just tuned in – late, sorry. Can I get copies of the worksheets?

19. LJ says:

Do you know if there are any home efficiency programs or incentives this year? Like last’s year’s Obama program for windows/insulation, etc.

20. carol says:

Scared to take on a big home improvement project, because of the “what if” factor. I want to invest in improvements for my home, but also hear that “cash is king” — what to do?

1. c says:

You mean I should negotiate their pricing? Is that appropriate?

21. Mark says:

Is there really a need to have more than one credit card?

22. Stacy says:

Times are so stressful that it’s tempting to use discretionary dollars for a little fun. A big fat yummy dinner out, or a new outfit. Seems that being too strict is almost punishing yourself. What about quality of life…and having a little fun!?

23. kay says:

If you’re looking for a job now and you’ve been behind on loans and have poor/bad credit, can businesses turn you down for employment? How should you handle this if you know when you go in the interview, etc.

24. a grateful WWJ listener says:

Hi Murray. Thank you for providing this public service. Please keep doing it. Very helpful to people who need guidance and good information. Thanks.

25. Mark says:

Nice presentation Elizabeth!

1. Gary says:

#1 Kenny Chesney fan on October 25, 2011 I don’t know about Seventeen but GirlsLife is real because i won from their. Twice. I’m not sure ogtuhh. I would think they are real because if someone actually did win they still would have to spend money no matter what

26. Roy says:

Thanks! For these easy steps. I did it and I see the reply bnottus under each comment. I have one problem and don’t know if there is a solution. When I reply to a comment it takes me to another screen with all the comments on it. And if I want to continue replying i have to go back to original screen and so on. Is there any way to reply underneath each comment in one page like in disqus. Like if you are chatting???Thanks