Hold On To Your Patience – Southfield Construction To Begin
To fuel your love of cars,
visit the Autos section.
DETROIT (WWJ) – If you travel the Southfield Freeway as part of your daily routine, you may need to pack a little extra patience beginning Monday.
As WWJ’s Marty Buffalini tells us, a major construction project gets under way.
Here’s what you can expect as the long-awaited, much dreaded, but much-needed construction starts Monday:
- Freeway closures along on Southfield between Ford Road and I-96. Just one lane will be open in both directions (around the clock) until Autumn.
- Southfield Fwy. -the northbound ramp to Plymouth Rd. in both directions will be closed down.
- The Southfield Fwy. service drive (northbound and southbound) at 8 Mile Rd. in both direction is closed down .
- The Southfield Fwy. -southbound ramp -to 8 Mile Rd. east and westbound closed until end of October.
- The Southfield Fwy. -northbound ramp to McNichols in both directions is closed until May 15.