Comcast Offers Royal Wedding, All Things British
Comcast, Michigan’s No. 1 cable TV provider, announced it will launch a Royal Wedding content destination On Demand and online at XfinityTV.com to help customers celebrate Prince William and Kate Middleton’s upcoming wedding April 29.
Throughout the month of April, Comcast customers will have access to more than 130 programs including an inside look into the story of William and Kate, royal biographies, the latest wedding news, British-focused documentaries and movies, and popular British TV shows and music.
The day after the wedding, customers can also watch coverage of the ceremony from BBC with The Royal Wedding Live available On Demand.
“This offering will give our customers the royal treatment,” said Diana Kerekes, Vice President, Xfinity On Demand, Comcast. “Whether customers want to learn about every detail of the wedding day, watch a documentary about royals, or receive the latest updates, we program around global events with the best collection all in one place.”
Comcast’s Royal Wedding offering will be available On Demand and online at XfinityTV.com throughout the month of April. Highlights include:
* A six-part documentary series from Lifetime that covers: William & Kate’s romance; Kate in comparison to Princess Diana; the wedding gown; the food for the wedding; a rundown of the wedding day; and a glimpse into their potential future.
* William & Kate, Inside the Royal Wedding, this special reveals the inside secrets of the royal spectacular.
* Royally Mad, an original two-part special that takes four of America’s most enthusiastic royal wedding fanatics on a trip to London, where they have a chance to indulge in everything royal wedding-themed.
* An inside look at some of the well known royals including Princess Diana and Sarah Ferguson Duchess of York, as well as Forbes Top Five Young Royals including Prince William and Prince Harry.
* Get the latest news and updates about the Royal Wedding online.
* British movie collections including Elizabeth, Prince William, Oscar-winner for Best Film The King’s Speech (available 4/19), Atonement, Pride & Prejudice, Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason, The Other Boleyn Girl among others.
* Popular British shows Doctor Who, Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares, The Graham Norton Show, Upstairs, Downstairs and British based episodes of Food Network and Travel Channel shows such as Ace of Cakes, Extreme Cuisine, Barefoot Contessa Back To Basics, Giada Weekend Getaways, Bizarre Foods and Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations.
Culture, Travel and Etiquette:
* Learn about the history, food, and cultures of London with shows and specials like Passport to Europe with Samantha Brown, London Must See, London: Dining and House Hunters International.
* Music by popular British artists such as Coldplay, Adele, Muse, Oasis, Florence And The Machine, Radiohead and more.
* Special content from Mumford & Sons, including music videos for hit songs Little Lion Man and The Cave and interviews with the band.
Comcast’s Michigan Region serves more than one million customers statewide and employs approximately 4,000 people. Comcast has three major call centers located in the state and houses its Michigan Region headquarters in Plymouth.