Jeff Riger- Exclusive Ozzy Outraged! (With Video)

So by now I’m sure you heard about story of Tommy B, the fan that was kicked out of the Joe and fined 500 dollars for throwing an Octopus onto the ice in the 2nd period of game 2 against the Coyotes Wednesday night. Here is his explanation as he was on the Karsch and Anderson program on Friday….

I walked into the arena with the octopus in a bag and I showed it to the ushers. They said have fun. After the first Wings goal, [and] after 5 octopuses have been tossed, I threw mine. In my hand, asinine, walking from the upper deck to the lower, every guard and security person let me down and said “go.” I walked down 25 seats and tossed it on the ice during the stoppage after the goal and they were cheering me.

You can hear the podcast from Tommy B below

All of a sudden, a guy from there said, “You’re going to jail. Come with me.” Granted, not a thing happened to the prior folks, or any other game. I went down and was charged. Really, it’s AN octopus in Detroit in a hockey game! They kick me out; fined me $500 and I have to go to court. I paid $150 for my ticket [but] now will pay $500 more. That’s $217 a period.

When I asked the cops they were laughing and said [Commissioner Gary] Bettman started the rule at the start of the 2nd period. Really new rules. In between periods.

Bettman, you are terrible. It’s not an airplane. It’s an octopus, although you wouldn’t know [about] tradition.

I had a chance to talk to longtime Wings goalie Chris Osgood who was outraged about the whole sequence of events and had some choice words about Bettman. Watch the entire video below.

Comments

1. tommyb is a clown says:

you’re an a-hole.

1. Matt says:

Simply facts it is an tradation been here before bateman and be here after he is died gone. Bateman is a totally a&* clown and really does not have clue. People ehy wonder the NHL is in shape that it is. I think 97.1 or Redwings should secretly provide everyone in the staduim octopus so wings score thrown it ice would be nice F-U to Bateman.

2. Rick Williams says:

I have a coyote in my freezer that I am throwing on the ice on Saturday.

3. Gary says:

Shanahan for commish, Chelios as his back-up

4. tiki says:

Security should have told Bettman to “go to hell”! All he does is run the NHL owners, it’s not like he’s a politician. Who does he think he is? I still can’t believe us fans have to put up with that little rat for 5 more years!

Good to see at least two thrown on the ice in Game 2. I’m sure we’ll see a few in Phoenix. Keep it going!

1. Boston says:

Well done article that. I’ll make sure to use it weisly.

5. Yamary says:

Woah nelly, how about them appels!

6. This put up is totaly unrelated to what I used to be looking google for, nevertheless it was indexed on the first page. I guess your doing something correct if Google likes you adequate to place you at the first page of a non related search.