CBS62logoNEW2013_blue_final_header_White wwj950-sm2011b 971-ticket-35smb 35h_CBSSportsRad_Detroit

Local

“Detroit 1-8-7″ Producers To Meet With ABC

View Comments
Detroit-187-set-7

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

DETROIT (WWJ/AP) – A “Detroit 1-8-7” executive producer says he and colleagues are now set to meet with ABC executives later this week to make the case for renewing the drama for a second season.

Amid questions about the future of the show thats first season was set and filmed in Detroit, David Zabel said the meeting is planned for Thursday in Burbank, California. Zabel said producers will discuss ideas for a new season, and network officials will use that information in deciding whether to renew it.

Last year the show spent $47.3 million in Michigan, with $19.6 million returned through tax credits. With Governor Rich Snyder’s cuts to the state’s film tax incentives, there has been concern that the show might no longer be shot in Detroit.

Tuesday, a representative for AFTRA, the union which represents local actors who appeared in the series, posted on Facebook that Detroit 1-8-7 would be leaving Michigan.

Meantime, with ABC scheduled to release its new TV lineup next month, it still has not been announced whether the show will be renewed for a second season.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,916 other followers