Home Ownership Tips: Live Video Webinar

Home Ownership: Tips To Survive and Thrive
Presented by Coldwell Banker Weir Manuel

Thirty-year Real Estate veteran Kelly Sweeney of Coldwell Banker Weir Manuel and mortgage expert Nick Wuest of Banker’s Home Loan joined FOX 2 and WWJ Newsradio 950 Business Editor Murray Feldman for a live video webinar at 12 p.m. on Wednesday, May 11th.

kelly sweeney Home Ownership Tips: Live Video Webinar

Kelly Sweeney, Chief Executive Officer Coldwell Banker Weir Manuel

The experts addressed pressing questions about current home ownership, buying and selling in today’s market, and more!

>> CLICK HERE to view the presentation slides <<

Topics:

• Do you have questions about Michigan’s housing market?
  • The current value of your home?
  • What to do if you’re upside down?
  • Wonder if you should do home improvements?
  • Want tips for how to sell – or buy – in the current conditions?
  • Wonder if real estate might be a good investment?
  • Need to know what questions to ask your Realtor or lender?
  • Are you personable, creative, handy, detail-oriented, looking for your next career?
  • Want to know about careers in real estate, mortgage, home staging, construction, legal?

This educational 4-part webinar addressed:

1. Current home ownership concerns,
  2. Tips for selling – or buying – in today’s market,
  3. What you should know if considering real estate as an investment, and
  4. Career options within the holistic field of real estate (including Realtor, lender, legal, staging, home improvement and more).

– More Financial Fitness Webinars at CBSDetroit.com –

Comments

1. Gwen Schultz says:

Kelly,
    Do you think we’ve hit the bottom of the housing market and if so are we still skipping along the bottom or starting to come back up?

2. Cal says:

With my house value so depreciated, do I dare pour more money into my home with improvements?

3. Sid J says:

Michigan real estate was hit early in the recession. How do we compare to the rest of the country now?

4. Doug says:

with so many people who had to leave our state for work, it seems like there are more houses for sale than there are buyers. How can i make my house more attractive than the rest?

5. Ken S says:

Are the major players (brokers like you) in the state involved with the Governor’s office at all? If there aren’t enough JOBS for people to earn a living – or even stay here and not move away – how can our houses gain value or have prospective buyers?

6. Carrie says:

You always hear that you shouldn’t become the biggest/best on the block by doing too many home imporvements. Am I crazy to do whatever I want to, to ENJOY my home and not worry about “getting my money back” (IF) when I try to sell. Am I nuts? Will I be someday be disappointed?

7. Dalice says:

What ramifications, tax or legal, if someone buys a house and gives it to a relative or sells it below value?

8. Steve in Waterford says:

If your home is more than 30% underwater and the “making home affordable” plan doesn’t apply to your situation does it make sense to continue to pay? Strategic default seems to be the most responsible choice for my family’s future.

9. Lisa says:

I live in a condo, which won’t hold value as much as a single family home, I”m sure. My neighbors are selling for $100k less than what I paid 6 years ago…considering I”m probably stuck for awhile, aren’t there any options besides loan modification? I have a 30 year fixed and overqualify for a mod due to income, yet I”m stuck at 7.25% and can’t refinance. Help!

10. Pat B says:

My mother doesn’t make enough money to buy her own home without my help. Should I just buy it for her? I don’t think she could get a loan on her own. What are the considerations for financing? I own my own house already

11. Gerry says:

What about basements? How much does finishing a basement improve a house’s value? What should be done in a lower level to bring the most value?

12. Kayla says:

With so many banks out there – it seems there is one on every corner – how do I figure out where to go to get pre-approved? What makes one better than another?

13. Milt says:

Curb appeal is obviously important. What about backyards? Outdoor living spaces? How much money should someone look at putting into it??

14. Marc says:

With lenders being tight with loans, what is the best way to refinance to lower the rate & payment if there is little equity in the home?

15. Jamie says:

The “less sexy” things that are big ticket maintenance items — like driveway replacement, roof, windows – cost tens of thousands of dollars… it’s more “fun” to plant flowers, paint and put in new carpeting. Would you suggest those big ticket items or the “prettification” items…??

16. Norm says:

Nick – It used to be over 800 – what is considered a good credit score nowadays? If seeking financing for a home, what is considered good enough?

17. Gina says:

I don’t have a ton of extra cash left over at the end of the month, but always try to put a little extra money in my mortgage payment to apply to the principle. If it’s only an extra $100 bucks a month to the principle, is it worth it? Or, should I just buy a new pair of shoes…

18. Maggie says:

Isn’t there a glut of realtors? It seems like every other person you meet has their license

19. Mandy says:

How should I select a realtor to work with? What skills or attributes should I request?

20. Sorge says:

I hear people talk about ‘walking away’ from their house. Like it’s some kind of part of a “plan”. How did we get here?

21. Dave says:

Are there any special requirements if I decide to purchase a second home and turn my current primary residence into a investment property? Also, how does the banks handle someone trying to purchase a second home? Would this be considered an investment property?

22. sidney says:

Our cities and schools are choking because of lack of funding (taxes paid) – . What can homeowners do – short of buying the houses in their neighborhood and double-paying taxes – to promote/market the benefits of their community?

23. Bryan says:

R there any citeis you can point to that are doing unique things to get properties in their city filled? What are they doing different/better?? It hurts all of us when houses sit empty!