How To Make A Margarita
What to buy: All self-respecting margaritas are made with only 100 percent agave tequila (we like to use the high-quality Cuervo 1800, Patrón Silver, Herradura, or Don Julio) and Cointreau.
- Salt, for rimming the glass (optional)
- Ice (cubed or crushed)
- 1 1/2 ounces Tequila (blanco, 100 percent agave)
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 ounce Cointreau (not Triple Sec)
- If using salt, place in a shallow dish. Moisten the rim of a rocks glass with a dampened paper towel, then dip in salt.
- Fill the glass with ice; add tequila, lime juice, and Cointreau; and stir a few times until chilled. Serve immediately.
Tip: Serve it with either our Cumin Salt or our Cayenne Salt and your next party will be a big hit.
Get more at chow.com: “Build Your Own Burrito Bar“
Source: chow.com / Lessley Anderson, CHOW Senior Editor