Lansing-based Web hosting provider Liquid Web Inc. said Wednesday it would add a content delivery network to its hosting options.
For more information, visit www.liquidweb.com/services/CDN.html.
“The technology utilized by CDNs represents the fastest and most efficient way to distribute your content across the Internet,” said Liquid Web founder and CEO Matthew Hill. “By utilizing an array of ‘nodes,’ or server checkpoints where your data is stored, our CDN ensures that your content must travel the shortest possible distance to reach its end user.”
With 35 strategically placed caching locations worldwide, including over 4,000 servers in North America, Europe, and Asia, Liquid Web’s CDN represents one of the most vast networks to-date. In fact, this network is already being used by 19 of the world’s top 20 telecommunications companies, nine of the top 10 United States Internet service providers, four of the top five U.S. wireless providers as well as many of the most recognizable names in Cable.
Liquid Web’s flexible CDN options include:
* Data is automatically transferred to the CDN from the web server
* Information is immediately cached on network for quickness in future distribution
* Content is uploaded and stored directly on the network
* Your data is distributed to all nodes in the network, making it available at all times
* By combining mirroring, RAID and geographic diversity with the latest firewall technology, Origin Storage is engineered to keep your assets secure, redundantly stored and ready for delivery
* Information is sent from the closest geographically located node to the end user for fastest possible delivery
-Live and On-Demand Streaming
* Supports Emerging Formats: Content is delivered to multiple devices using live and on-demand content distribution with Microsoft Smooth Streaming, Adobe Flash (RTMP and HTTP Dynamic Streaming) and Apple HTTP Live Streaming
* Origin Flexibility: Integration with your system or use of Liquid Web Origin Storage and Adaptive Origin Manager provide robust and secure services for storage and ingest/origin
* Conditional Access Control: Geographic intelligence, edge token authentication, referrers and more offer additional control of your content on the CDN
Liquid Web is a privately held managed web hosting company founded in 1997, with three wholly owned data centers in Lansing. In 2010 Liquid Web opened a software development office in Scottsdale, Ariz. Liquid Web has more than 20,000 clients served in over 120 countries.