The Pantone LLC subsidiary of Kentwood-based X-Rite Inc. (Nasdaq: XRIT) Monday introduced the Pantone Fashion and Home Nylon Brights collection.
With 21 electric shades in a nylon format, the Pantone Fashion and Home Nylon Brights collection provides designers developing products in nylon materials with an internationally recognized standard for accurate color selection, specification and reproduction.
Fashion often dictates industry trends and the shift to brights is no exception. Vivid brights deliberately clash to make products stand out and better express society’s eclectic nature.
“After years of ‘playing it safe,’ consumers are once again embracing color — in a big way,” said Laurie Pressman, vice president of fashion, home and interiors at Pantone. “From the runway to the retail selling floor, vibrant, lively colors continue to make an impact on the world of fashion and design. Our nylon brights collection was developed to inspire designers with a selection of colors that energize and excite.”
Pantone officials said bright colors serve as powerful inspiration and stimulate a renewed sense of creativity among designers. Vibrantly colored athletic apparel, swimwear, footwear, women’s wear, intimate apparel, hosiery and accessories appearing on the runways have inspired stylish splashes of hot hues in housewares, luggage and industrial textiles.
“Kate Spade New York was born out of a chic, utilitarian nylon bag. Women still come to us every season for an updated version to add to their collection,” said Deborah Lloyd, creative director, Kate Spade New York. “The idea of these bold, vibrant tones, formulated specifically for nylon, opens up a whole new opportunity to play with color in a fabric that is tried and true for us. I adore bright colors, as does our consumer, and I can’t wait to start experimenting with the nylon brights collection.”
The new color collection is available in two formats, the Nylon Brights set and Nylon Brights swatch cards. The set contains 21 loose-format nylon swatches. The 1¼-by-four-inch swatches are arranged by color family and presented on a metal ring. A BHT-free amber UV protective pouch is included to protect the colors while not in use. The nylon brights are also available as four-by-four-inch loose-format swatch cards. Spectral data and starting dye formulations – available at www.matchpantonecolors.com – ensure quick and accurate color results. All colors in the nylon brights collection are dyed in Nylon 6.6, a much improved fiber for light fastness and wash fastness over Nylon 6.
All Pantone Fashion and Home Nylon Brights collection purchases include Pantone Color Manager software, an application that provides digital data for the nylon brights to update popular design applications including Adobe Creative Suite, QuarkXPress, Corel Painter, X-Rite i1 Profiler, the Mac OS Color Picker and myPantone.com.
Color manager allows users to:
* View and export all Pantone Color Libraries including the complete Pantone Fashion and Home Color Library (cotton, paper and nylon brights), as well as all Pantone Plus and Goe Libraries — more than 13,000 Pantone Colors.
* Obtain CMYK, HTML and sRGB values for all colors
* Extract colors from images and photographs
* Build and export color palettes for use in popular design applications
* Preview colors under various lighting simulations to visualize the effect different lighting conditions have on color appearance
* Create color-managed palettes using industry-standard ICC display and output profiles
* Identify colors that cannot be accurately reproduced in print or on screen with out-of-gamut warning alerts
* Sync with Pantone Capsure and export measured colors to use in palette development
The nylon brights set is available immediately for $99.95. Pantone Fashion and Home swatch cards are available for $12.95 per card.
The collection is available online at www.pantone.com and from Pantone resellers worldwide.