Compuware Launches New Web Performance Benchmarks for US Healthcare Providers
Visit CBS Detroit's
Detroit-based Compuware Corp. (Nasdaq: CPWR) Thursday announced the launch of new Web site performance benchmarks for United States health care providers.
The new U.S. Healthcare Facilities benchmarks include both home page and last mile measurements.
Today, patients are taking a much more active role in their medical care and expect their health care providers to offer access to medical records or direct engagement with their caregivers online. Given the often time-sensitive nature of these interactions, it is critically important that health care providers’ Web sites offer fast and reliable performance right from the start — a delay of only a few seconds is often all it takes to a create a negative perception
The U.S. Healthcare Facilities Home Page and Last Mile benchmarks rank Web and mobile site performance for almost 50 healthcare providers across three key metrics:
* Response Time — measures the time elapsed while downloading a page or an entire multistep transaction process
* Availability — measures the percentage of successfully completed tests out of total test attempts for the measurement period
* Consistency — measures the standard deviation of the response time of successful tests completed
“Health care organizations have invested significantly in their online presence in recent years, because websites are increasingly becoming the first point of contact for patients,” said Jonathan Ranger, Gomez benchmark practice director at Compuware. “Health care providers understand making a good first impression is vitally important and that a poorly performing website can drive patients to competitors’ sites or to more expensive call center channels.”
Gomez Benchmarks are an impartial, quantitative measurement of comparative Web and mobile site performance and rank home page, transactions and mobile performance results across many industries. Benchmarks are used by organizations to compare and track performance against competitors and market leaders; baseline and track performance over time; and as key indicators of success for business and IT site owners.
Gomez publishes hundreds of global Web and mobile performance benchmarks based on more than 20 million monthly tests across 3,000 companies in 13 countries and include
* Home Page Backbone Benchmarks: measure the performance of the Web site’s home page from the Internet backbone.
* Home Page Last Mile Benchmarks: measure the performance of the home page from the end user’s desktop taking into account the real user’s connection speed.
* Transaction Benchmarks: measure the performance of a key business process such as ordering a product or making a stock trade.
* Mobile Benchmarks: measure the performance of mobile site’s home page on the largest carriers and top devices
More at www.compuware.com.