Plex Systems Sponsoring Parts Of CAR Management Briefing Seminars
Visit CBS Detroit's
Auburn Hills-based Plex Systems Inc., providers of the Plex Online cloud-based manufacturing management system, said Friday that it will be the exclusive sponsor of World Class Manufacturing Day and social media at the 2011 Center for Automotive Research Management Briefing Seminars.
The seminars are scheduled for Aug. 1-4 at the Grand Traverse Resort & Spa near Traverse City, Michigan. The event has been a tradition since 1965 and attracts more than 800 automotive industry stakeholders.
The 2011 CAR Management Briefing Seminars offer compelling sessions focused on world class manufacturing, connected vehicles, designing for technology and other issues critical to the automotive industry.
“One of this year’s themes, manufacturing excellence, showcases how and why today’s leaders connect functions throughout the enterprise,” said CAR CEO and president Jay Baron, who is chairing the World Class Manufacturing sessions. “It is fitting to have Plex Systems sponsoring World Class Manufacturing Day as a leader providing systems that integrate operations for world class performance.”
Speakers for World Class Manufacturing Day include:
* Kenneth Knight, executive director of global and North America manufacturing engineering, General Motors
* Ron Harbour, partner, Oliver Wyman
* Kevin Butt, general manager and chief environmental and safety officer, Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing North America Inc.
* Mary Foster, vice president of supply chain management at Inteva Products LLC
* Massimo Risi, head of world class manufacturing, Chrysler Group LLC
* Alexander Freitag, director of diesels systems engineering for North America, Robert Bosch
* Steve McKinley, vice president engineering – America, Honeywell Turbo Technologies
* Lyle Otremba, vice president of commercial and product development, Cooper-Standard Automotive
* Jeffrey Brennan, chief marketing officer and executive vice president, global markets, Altair Engineering, Inc.
* Joerg Pohlman, managing director, SGL Automotive Carbon Fibers, a joint venture with BMW
Teaming with Plex Systems, CAR will showcase timely seminars and related conference activities via online social media outlets such as Twitter, Linked In and Facebook.
Said Plex Systems President and CEO Mark Symonds: “Plex Online has its origins in the automotive industry and has helped automotive manufacturers and suppliers manage the information they need to improve their operations. As the official social media sponsor, we can help broaden the conversation to the entire automotive community.”
Follow the conversation by using the Twitter hashtag #mbs2011. For more information please go to mbs.cargroup.org.
More about Plex at www.plex.com.