Tata Launches CAD Geek Summer School — Tuition Free
Visit CBS Detroit's
Tata Technologies, the Novi-based manufacturing technology branch of the Indian tech giant, will hold its annual Computer Aided Design Geek Summer School Tour beginning July 20 and running through Aug. 18 at locations around the United States.
The beach-oriented theme of this year’s 13-city tour is “Catch the Latest Wave of Knowledge — Free” and offers training in Autodesk Inventor and Autodesk Simulation software.
Each CAD Geek Summer School student receives a free t-shirt and is entered into a drawing for an Apple iPad, and — most important — each student gets the latest technical information that will help them be more effective and productive with their tools. Advance registration is required. The 13 Summer School Tour dates and cities are:
Tour stops in the Great Lakes region include:
* Wednesday, July 20, Madison Heights
* Thursday, July 21, Toledo, Ohio
* Thursday, July 28: Addison, Ill.
* Tuesday, Aug. 9: Dayton, Ohio
* Wednesday, Aug. 10: Columbus, Ohio
* Thursday, Aug. 11: Strongsville, Ohio
* Tuesday, Aug. 16: Muskegon
* Wednesday, Aug. 17: Kalamazoo
The Tata Technologies CAD Geek Summer School curriculum includes:
* Noon – 1:15 p.m. – Registration, lunch, overview
* 1:15 – 2:15p.m. – Simulate Your Ideas: Run dynamic simulation inside Autodesk Inventor, use the results for Finite Element Analysis. Discover even more functionality with Autodesk Simulation to generate fatigue analysis.
* 2:30 – 3 p.m. – Autodesk Inventor Drawing Template Creation: Designed for users wanting more out of their drawing templates and a better understanding of the resources that go into automating a documentation engine
* 3 – 3:30 p.m. – Autodesk Inventor Fusion 2012: It’s not just a preview any more! Learn to edit and maintain non-native imported data and enable non-engineering team members to collaborate on your 3D data
* 3:45 – 4:45 p.m. – Visualization: Generate compelling images from basic visualization to stunning animation with Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk Showcase and 3DS Max.
Tata Technologies is headquartered in Singapore, with regional headquarters offices in Novi for the United States, Pune for India and Coventry, U.K. for Europe. The company has a combined global work force of more than 4,500 employees serving clients worldwide from facilities in North America, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region. Tata Technologies’ parent company is based in India.
For more information, visit www.tatatechnologies.com