Fithian Fab Five 7-16-11
1. Ohio State’s already on de facto probation. When the number one player in the state of Ohio Kyle Kalis reverses his verbal from Ohio State to Michigan and says to ESPN, “I believe the Michigan-Ohio border is now open. I think you’re going to see eight or nine guys from the state of Ohio going over to Michigan this year.”
2. I’ve never met Michigan State quarterback Kirk Cousins but I’ve never listened to a better leader in college football. Cousins is a great teammate and great leader. If he doesn’t make it in the NFL he’ll make it anywhere with his ability to communicate.
3. I’ve heard for years how great Red Coat Tavern’s burgers are. I finally went last week and tried one out.
The burgers held up to the hype. Great burger.
4. I would trade the Tigers number one prospect Jacob Turner for Rockies starter Ubaldo Jimenez.
If the Tigers made the deal for Jimenez and a minor deal for a serviceable third baseman
I wouldn’t have anything to complain about Mike Ilitch going for it.
5. Nothing like back in the day listening to Ben Wright broadcast any golf tournament. I can say the same thing about Peter Alliss on ESPN at the Open. Two great golf broadcasters.