Plex Systems Announces New Tooling and Maintenance Features
Visit CBS Detroit's
Auburn Hills-based Plex Systems Inc. Tuesday announced enhancements to Plex Online, its cloud-based manufacturing management system, that will help manufacturers improve tooling and maintenance functions.
New features enable users to manage preventive maintenance schedules more effectively. The enhancements to Plex Online are accessible by all users at any time, at no additional cost. Key improvements include the following:
* It is now possible to identify perishable tools and track tool life. This new capability allows users to set usage standards based on different types of tools, helping ensure operations support an efficient purchasing process.
* Users can now add attachments or the supply “bill of materials” (BOM) to preventive maintenance schedules. The attachments or BOMs appear on the work requests created from the schedules for easy reference.
* Access to attachments helps users easily reference manuals, schematics, work instructions or other supporting information they need for decision-making, saving time and reducing potential for errors. * The ability to add a BOM of supply items gives the ability to quickly identify and request the components needed to perform each task. The report provides a view of required supplies across all schedules.
* A new report provides a detailed view of tool labor and workcenter costs as captured from the tool work order system. It provides greater visibility into tool room performance.
* Tool details and tool sets can now be linked to tool orders to help users create accounts receivable records for tools sold to customers. In addition, the number of user-defined options for the formatting of invoice lines has increased. These changes enable more details to be captured, and introduces more flexibility and efficiency to the process.
Plex Systems, Inc. is the developer of Plex Online, a software as a service-cloud ERP system for the manufacturing enterprise. Plex Online offers industry-leading features for virtually every department within a manufacturer, including manufacturing execution systems and quality management systems for the shop floor, supply chain management for procurement and enterprise resource planning for finance and management.
Plex Online’s comprehensive functional coverage delivers a “shop floor to top floor” view of a manufacturer’s operations, enabling management to run its business at maximum efficiency.
More at www.plex.com.