MOUNT CLEMENS (WWJ) – Officials from Macomb and Oakland counties have declared September 11-17, 2011 as Patriot Week.
Patriot Week was created in 2009 by Oakland County Circuit Court Judge Michael Warren and his daughter Leah to renew America’s spirit by celebrating the First Principles, Founding Fathers and other patriots, vital documents and speeches, and flags.
Each day of Patriot Week promotes a First Principle on which our Declaration of Independence and our Constitution are based. Those principles include:
- The first principle of revolution
- The first principle of rule of law
- The first principle of social compact
- The first principle of equality-gender
- The first principle of equality-race
- The first principle of unalienable rights
- The first principle of limited government
The holiday, which is gaining popularity across the country, begins this year on the 10th anniversary of the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center, and ends on September 17, the day the United States Constitution was signed.
For more information, including a complete list of Patriot Week activities, visit www.patriotweek.org.