BIRMINGHAM (WWJ) - The Birmingham-Bloomfield Symphony Orchestra will kick off their 2011-2012 Concert Season on a high note with Pops at Pine Lake – a Season Opening Gala at Pine Lake Country Club. The evening will feature dinner served in the lake-front dining room followed by the concert.
Pops at Pine Lake will be presented on Saturday, Sept. 17 at 8:30 p.m. Dinner will be served prior to the concert at 6:30 p.m. The evening will conclude with a cocktail reception where audience members can meet and mingle with our talented conductor and musicians.
The concert program includes:
- George Forrest & Robert Wright: “Overture” to Kismet
- Leroy Anderson: “Horse & Buggy”; “Syncopated Clock”
- George Gershwin: “S’Wonderful”; “Someone To Watch Over Me”
- Juventino Rosas: “Over the Waves”
- Duke Ellington: “Caravan”
- Andrew Lloyd Webber: “Memory” from Cats
- Antônio Carlos Jobim: “Girl from Ipanema”
- Henry Mancini: “Moon River”
- Harold Arlen: “Over the Rainbow”
- Johann Strauss, Jr.: Blue “Danube Waltz”
Tickets are $60 and can be purchased at bbso.org or by calling 248-352-BBSO. Pine Lake Country Club is located at 3300 Pine Lake Road in Orchard Lake.
For more information, click here.