Man Dies After Night Of Sex, Drugs At Police Chaplain’s Home
FERNDALE (WWJ) – A volunteer chaplain at the Ferndale police department has been relieved of his duties after a man died at his home of a drug overdose.
In a police report obtained by WWJ Newsradio 950, Mark Bidwell told officers that he met Steven Fitch on a gay dating website and they agreed to go to his house for sex. Bidwell said that around 11 p.m., the 43-year-old Fitch dosed them each with a syringe of Crystal Meth.
Accordiing to the report, the pair then invited a third man to join them. Around 5 a.m., the two men said, Fitch became ill and began turning blue.
Police arrived and performed CPR on Fitch, but he was pronounced dead at Beaumont Hospital.
Police said they discovered what appears to be blood on the stairs of bidwell’s home, the wall and the bathroom floor. His death has been ruled an overdose.