MOUNT CLEMENS (WWJ) – The Macomb County Board of Commissioners, along with the Macomb County Senior Citizen Services Department, will host several free health clinics throughout the month of October.
Although these events are sponsored by Senior Services, all ages are welcome to take advantage of the provided services, which include seasonal flu vaccines, blood pressure and cholesterol testing, various health screenings, outdated medication disposal and more.
The following health clinics will be offered:
- Friday, Oct. 7 – 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Chesterfield Township Senior Center, 47275 Sugarbush
- Wednesday, Oct. 12 – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Eastpointe Manor Banquet Center, 24611 Gratiot,
- Tuesday, Oct. 18 – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Fraser Senior Center, 34935 Hidden Pine Drive
- Wednesday, Oct. 19 – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Warren Community Center, 5460 Arden
- Tuesday, Oct. 25 – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Roseville Recreation & Senior Center, 18185 Sycamore
Representatives from Senior Citizen Services and other agencies will also have information available about programs such as SMART, Veterans Services, MCCSA, Senior Citizen Services department and more.
Health screenings and information are free, but vaccination charges are as follows:
- A $15.00 charge for seasonal flu vaccine is payable with cash, check or may be billed to Medicare Part B, a Medicare alternate health plan, or Medicaid program, if eligible. Medicare or Medicaid billing requires recipients to show their program ID card and a valid driver’s license or other form of photo identification.
- Persons with HAP Medicare will need to pay the $15.00 fee or go to their medical provider.
- Vaccinations are payable by cash or check only. No debit or credit cards accepted.
Senior citizens can also bring unneeded or expired non-narcotic medication for proper disposal by the health department’s Environmental Health Division. Bring the drugs in a nondescript container with no identifying information.
For details about the outreach program, contact Senior Services at 586-469-6313 or visit www.macombcountymi.gov.