Harvest Good Times At Kensington Metropark’s Fall Farm Festival
MILFORD (WWJ) – Fall is harvest season on the farm and there will be a bounty of activities at the “Fall Farm Festival” on Saturday and Sunday, October 8 and 9, at Kensington Metropark Farm Center near Milford.
Visit the farm animals and get a glimpse of farm life at the festival with special demonstrations. Traditional carpentry methods using mortise and tenon joints in post and beam construction will be demonstrated, as will apple cider making and beekeeping.
Laugh along with Rosco the Clown’s antics, and take a walk to the Kids’ Cottage, an all-natural building made of compressed earthen blocks and straw bales and explore the nearby corn maze. Plus, try paddling a canoe or kayak for a nominal fee with Heavner Canoe Rental.
Scheduled activities for both days:
- 11 am – Horse harnessing demonstration
- noon to 3 pm – Mobile Learning Center, natural and cultural history of Michigan
- noon to 4 pm – World of bees with John Beemer
- noon to 4 pm – Horse-drawn hayrides to the pumpkin patch (nominal fee)
- noon, 1 pm, 2 pm & 3 pm – Rosco the Clown featuring “Balloon Man”
- 1 pm, 2 pm & 3 pm – Apple cider making demonstrations
- 1 pm to 3 pm – Pumpkin painting and more at the Kids’ Craft Corner
- 1 pm to 3 pm – Traditional carpentry demonstrations
A vehicle entry permit is required to enter any Metropark and is only $25 annually, $15 annually for seniors or $5 daily. For more information, visit www.metroparks.com call 1-800-47-PARKS.