For more trusted health
news and information,
visit CBS Detroit's
TAYLOR (AP) – The Taylor Public Library was forced to close Monday because of a reported bedbug infestation.
About 200 of the tiny, pesky critters were found in one room.
They were discovered by a patron. Fumigation is underway and library officials are hoping to reopen on Tuesday.
Skin rashes and allergic symptoms can be some of the health effects that may occur due to the bite of a bed bug.
Bed bugs were largely eradicated in the developed world in the early 1940s, but with an increase in international travel – the hitch-hiking bugs have traveled and are staying throughout the world.