Cadillac Unveils 2013 XTS
To fuel your love of cars,
visit the Autos section.
LOS ANGELES (WWJ) - Cadillac unveiled its 2013 XTS at the LA Auto Show, the newest addition to the Cadillac luxury sedan lineup.
Larger than the CTS, the new XTS delivers the space, elegance and dramatic presence that are Cadillac signatures, but with entirely new and technically advanced methods.
It also marks the debut of CUE, a comprehensive in-vehicle experience that merges intuitive design with auto industry-first controls and commands for information and media control. CUE, which is designed to be unique for each consumer, from the “simple user” to the fully connected “super user,” will debut in 2012 in the Cadillac XTS and ATS luxury sedans and SRX luxury crossover.
In addition to the CUE interface and connectivity, many other advanced technologies are integral to the new XTS. It will be the only luxury sedan with standard Magnetic Ride Control – the world’s fastest-reacting suspension. Advanced technologies that enhance vision and safety surround the driver are available as well.
Positioned directly above the centerpiece CTS family in Cadillac’s revamped lineup, the new XTS features a 3.6L direct injection engine and advanced all-wheel drive system, marking a shift to more-efficient performance in a spacious luxury sedan.
Additional highlights include:
- Advanced Haldex all-wheel-drive system with electronically controlled limited-slip differential
- Magnetic Ride Control, rear air suspension, HiPer Strut front suspension and Brembo brakes – all standard
- Standard 19-inch wheels and available 20-inch wheels
- Direct-injected 3.6L V-6 with lightweight features, including integrated cylinder heads/exhaust manifolds
- Capless fuel tank filler for easier, cleaner refueling
- Folding rear-seat headrests that enhance rear visibility
- Safety Alert Seat that vibrates to alert the driver
- Intervening braking system that lessens or avoids potential collisions
- Short- and long-range radar systems that support Adaptive Cruise Control, Front and Rear Automatic Brakes, and Rear Cross Traffic Alert