EAST LANSING (WWJ) – Michigan State University police have issued safety tips for students following a reported sexual assault on campus.
The 19-year-old student said she was attacked near the MSU Main Library late in the afternoon on November 12. The male suspect is described 6 feet 2 inches tall, with a medium build and wearing a dark-colored hoodie. He did not have a weapon.
Here are some safety tips from the MSU Police:
- Call 911 if you are in danger
- Walk in well-lit areas if possible
- Be aware of your surroundings and others in the area
- Realize that listening to headphones or iPods or talking on your cell while walking decreases your awareness of your surroundings
- Walk with others when possible
- Do not talk to strangers
The East Lansing report follows a string of sexual assaults at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor that took place over the summer and early fall.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact the MSU Police at (517) 355-2222 or Crime Stoppers at (517) 483-7867.