Michigan Energy Conference Seeks Presentations
Ferris State University’s fifth annual Michigan Energy Conference — relocated to Grand Rapids and compressed to a single day for 2012 — has issued a call for presentations.
The event will be held Thursday, April 12 at the Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park in Grand Rapids Charter Township.
Proposals and case studies are requested for academic, governmental and professional presentations to be presented at the conference. The 2012 event will consist of one day of keynote speakers, panel discussion and technical breakout sessions.
Sessions may be one or two hours in length, depending on the subject, depth and presentation requirements. Educational institutions and government agencies are encouraged to submit proposals, as are designers, consultants, and representatives of business and industry.
Presenters are encouraged to submit non-promotional proposals for the following areas:
* Building science fundamentals
* Residential and commercial building performance, efficiency and loads
* Residential and commercial mechanical system design and efficiency
* Government/Utility standard and incentive programs
* Energy and community
* Building codes, zoning, regulatory issues
* The business of energy
* Advanced battery technologies and applications
* Alternative energy systems for transportation
* Energy and Sustainable Standards: LEED, ASHRAE, EnergyStar, NAHB National Green Building Standard, Green Built Michigan
* Energy in transportation
* Energy distribution and storage
* Feed-in tariffs
* And additional topics, which will be considered based on their relevance to the conference theme.
To be considered please provide your presentation proposal by 5 p.m. Dec. 1. Presenters are required to submit both an abstract (80 word max) and detailed description (step by step outline) of proposed presentation, four learning outcomes, relevance to conference theme, list target audience, presentation methods (round table, interaction, case studies, etc.) and room requirements.
To submit your proposal, go to www.ferris.edu/mec.
If you have questions, please contact Debbie Dawson or Brian Craig at email@example.com.