Gun Buy Back Vouchers Will Be Honored Tuesday And Wednesday
DETROIT – The Detroit Police Department and Continental Management partnered on August 30th to present a Gun Buy Back program at Second Ebenezer Church. A total of 744 weapons were turned in during the event.
Due to an overwhelming response, Gun Buy Back Vouchers were distributed to citizens with a commitment to provide them cash for their turned in weapons. On Tuesday, December 13th and Wednesday, December 14th, at Second Ebenezer Church, 14601 Dequindre, from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m.; and on Wednesday, December 21st at Central District, located at 7310 Woodward Avenue, from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m., Detroit police will greet citizens as they redeem their vouchers for cash.
The following Gun Buy Back payment process will be adhered to:
1. Payment will only be made if you are able to present the original numbered receipt that was issued by the department. Copies will not be accepted.
2. Your receipt must coincide with the numbered duplicate receipt in the
department’s original receipt books.
3. Your receipt must be stamped and signed by an officer assigned to the check-in desks to verify that it has been approved for payment.
4. The approved amount for payment will be highlighted on your receipt copy by an officer assigned to the check-in desk.
5. Your approved, original receipt must be surrendered at the payment desk, at which time you will receive payment in the amount highlighted on your approved receipt.
6. You are requested to exit the building and parking area after receiving payment.
7. Any vouchers not redeemed by December 21, 2011, may be honored at the next Gun Buy Back event when announced by the Detroit Police Department.
The Detroit Police Department and Continental Management would like to thank the citizens who participated in the Gun Buy Back Program. Working together will help make our community a safer place for all.