Warrant Review In Missing Girl’s Case Continues
DETROIT (WWJ/AP) – The Wayne County prosecutor’s office is continuing to review a warrant request connected to the disappearance of a 2-year-old Detroit girl.
Prosecutors said Thursday that a decision on charges is not anticipated until at least next month.
Detroit police submitted the request earlier this month. Officials have not disclosed who was named in the warrant.
D’Andre Lane has said his daughter, Bianca Jones, was riding in a rear car seat of a vehicle he was driving when it was taken Dec. 2 at gunpoint. Police recovered Lane’s car shortly after he reported the carjacking, but the little girl was not inside.
Police have said they are looking into the truth behind Lane’s story. Lane is under “intense scrutiny,” according to Detroit Police Chief Ralph Godbee, and his attorney Terry Johnson admitted he failed a lie detector test.
Police and hundreds of volunteers have searched vacant lots, alleys and abandoned houses in search of the girl. Last week, cadaver dogs reportedly picked up the scent of human remains in multiple locations tied to Bianca.
TM and © Copyright 2011 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2011 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.