Fire Kills 8 Pets At Macomb County Mobile Home

HARRISON TOWNSHIP (AP) – Eight pets have died at a Macomb County mobile home in a fire that may have been caused by lamps used to grow medical marijuana.

Harrison Township fire battalion chief Kevin Seehase says the lamps use a lot of power. Christine Bartoli says the home began filling with smoke around 9:15 a.m. Sunday. She and companion Edward Hanmer escaped without taking anything with them.

The Macomb Daily says the couple lost three dogs, two cats and three ferrets. One of the dogs was taken to a clinic but didn’t survive.

The floor of the mobile home collapsed as firefighters worked the scene. The home was declared a total loss.

(© Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Detroit

Best Christmas Light Displays
Best Holiday Drink Ideas

Watch & Listen