TAYLOR (WWJ) – A 20-year-old Taylor man is dead and two teenagers are in the hospital after an explosion in the man’s garage Tuesday evening.

It happened around 8 p.m. on McGuire Street near the intersection of Van Born and Beech Daly.

Police say the survivors told them the explosion happened when someone poured gasoline on a wood-burning stove in the garage.

A 17-year-old boy and 19-year-old woman injured in the explosion are being treated at Detroit Receiving Hospital.


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Detroit

Best Cooking Classes In DetroitLearn how to whip up some wonderful dishes while having fun!
5 Bucket List Items To Cross Off In DetroitThe “must-do” items for anyone making a trip to Detroit.

Watch & Listen LIVE