Bill’s Blog: George Takei Joins Stoney And Bill

I was never a huge Star Trek fan but I am a huge George Takei fan. If you’re not familiar, George played Mr. Sulu on the original Star Trek TV show and in subsequent movies. He is narrating/hosting with the Detroit Symphony Orchestra this weekend at The Fox Theater. The DSO will play music from different Sci-Fi movies and TV shows such as Star Trek, Star Wars, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, etc.

I am a fan of George’s work on the TV show Heroes and his work on a certain radio show, which used to be on regular radio but is now on satellite. We talked about his most recent venture in which he was voted off of NBC’s Celebrity Apprentice. He is a great guy with a very infectious laugh. My only regret is that I didn’t get to ask him why everybody insists on calling Donald Trump “Mr.” Trump.

More from b) Bill McAllister
Comments

1. Annabel says:

George has been badmouthing Clay Aiken too much. He’s trying to make Clay look bad but he’s the one who looks pathetic. Every team member says what they think the others did wrong during the confessionals and that is exactly what Clay did as politely as he could. My opinion is George is just a sore loser. Other team members in the boardroom said that George was not a good Project Manager. I wonder why if Takei believed Clay was so bad he didn’t bring him back to the boardroom and try to get him fired.
    Every other contestant, men and women have wonderful things to say about Clay.

2. sbleu says:

George was the weakest one on the men’s team. He wandered around that episoce not doing anything or seemed unable to connect with anything. He managed nothing and knew in the boardroom that he had to go. Good point , Annabel, about why he didn’t take Clay to the boardroom.

3. JS says:

I thought George left the show with class, but wow! George is coming off as the “catty” one. It has ruined my opinion of him. All of Clay’s criticisms have been about the job as project manager…just as they should be, nothing personal and said with respect. Anyone who watched the show saw George didn’t get the job done. Adam, Lou, Dee and Penn all made comments about it, but they aren’t being called “catty”.

4. Lynnie says:

George was just plain awful on Celebrity Apprentice. Why he is wandering around from interview to interview blaming Clay Aiken for his, George’s, awfulness is just mind boggling. I’ve been watching the show and don’t know what he expected anyone to say when they were asked a direct question about his bumbling. Its a show where they are expected to be truthful, and the truth is George was embarrassingly bad. Aiken wasn’t catty, he was politely honest.

5. Sandy says:

Having seen the show what I wonder is why if Clay according to George did such a bad job why George did not name him as one of the other 2 to bring back with him.

6. Hillary says:

Lordy. Every George Interview. “Clay is catty.” That makes George catty for calling Clay catty. George’s beating the dead horse is getting real old. Especially when it was clear that he was a lousy Project Manager.

7. Jack says:

I watched the show. Why was Lou not assigned a specific job and then brought back to the boardroom because he couldn’t follow instructions? Why did George go back to the hotel early when the rest of the team was still working? George was with Arsenio when the clothing was chosen, why did he not give any input? Was it the editing of the show or did George do anything but just talk to the other team on the phone?
    The other men on the team voiced many concerns on the way the project manager (George) handled things (or not handle things) why did he voice only that Clay Aiken was catty? Why is George being a poor loser?
    This comment was brought to you by the word “why”.

8. Tanya says:

George…news flash…Clay Aiken is the best, most intelligent contestant on Celebrity Apprentice. Arsenio is next best. Clay expresses himself logically and coherently. I haven’t heard even one catty comment from him. You are the one running around mouthing off. Do you have any idea how bad and garbled you were on the show? A suggestion…don’t make yourself sound any worse by insulting and lying when we all saw the episode.

9. Fred Flintridge says:

It is sad to see George blaming others for his failure on Celebrity Apprentice. Anyone who watched the show knows that George was not up to the task.

In the confessional, each person praised George as a nice guy, but NO-ONE thought he did a good job. So…why is George going from place to place blaming Clay Aiken? Why not blame Arsenio, Michael, Penn?

George…before you started this, I found you a fun person…now, I find you sort of pathetic. You gotta learn when to shout your mouth.

10. Pat says:

I’m and old gal, was a Star Trek fan from waaaaay back, never missed an episode. Loved George as Sulu, thought he was so darned cute. Have not really followed him until Apprentice and didn’t know of his background in the Japenese concentration camps or of his on stage acting career over the years. I must say I’m very impressed by all of it.

It was clear from watching the show the George really was not up to the task as Project Manger and I find his own ‘catty’ comments about Clay Aiken very disappointing, He should be ashamed of himself.

11. nwnelly says:

Whoa!! Me thinks George is the real catty one!

12. Tanya says:

Dude, you should have realized that you were not up to being on this type of show.It was sad to watch and I’m sorry you did it. Nobody caused the impression you left but you yourself. And going on shows trying to make excuses and blame others makes it even more sad. In the 2nd Episode you couldn’t remember the script and tried to ad lib. In the last episode you couldn’t explain your concept to the Trumps and forgot Clay Aiken’s name. Just be quiet and let it all go away. We saw what we saw, you can’t change history.

13. Calla says:

14. DirectAdmin says:

Attractive component to content. I just stumbled upon your site and in accession capital to claim that I acquire in fact enjoyed account your weblog posts. Any way I will be subscribing on your augment or even I achievement you get admission to constantly quickly.

15. pozycjonowanie says:

We’re a bunch of volunteers and opening a brand new scheme in our community. Your web site provided us with valuable info to work on. You have done an impressive activity and our whole community will probably be grateful to you.