DETROIT — Compuware Corp. (Nasdaq:CPWR) Tuesday published the second report of its 2011 “Best of the Web” series showcasing the leaders in Web and mobile site performance.
The report, titled “Best of the Web Performance Trends 2011,” provides an analysis of Web and mobile performance trends across seven major U.S. industries and details steps companies can implement to improve website performance.
The report analyzed “Best of the Web” industry data for Web and mobile site home pages and Web site transactions, across both Internet backbone and Compuware Gomez Last Mile measurements. In select industries, data was also analyzed across regions, bandwidth, and page size, and compared to top performers.
Among the report’s key findings:
• The fastest industries were health insurance for Web home page (last mile) performance, brokerage for Web transactions and retail banking for the mobile home page.
• Performance falls short of user expectations: Homepage response time was on average about five seconds slower on the Gomez Last Mile than on the Internet backbone.
• Top performers, on average, in four industries exceeded consumer expectations for mobile site performance of a five-second response time: automotive, banking, retail and travel.
• There is up to a two-second difference in response time across the country: The Northeast region performed the best, and the West performed the worst.
• Web transaction and mobile home page size continue to increase: All industries increased the size of their key user transactions with an average increase of 16 percent and mobile page size increase of 103 percent over the evaluation period in 2011.
“As many companies know, there’s a tremendous amount of complexity involved in delivering web and mobile applications across multiple browsers, devices and locations,” said Jonathan Ranger, Gomez Benchmark Practice Director at Compuware. “By analyzing an entire year’s web and mobile performance data across several industries, we’ve been able to identify key performance trends and provide insight into where industries are being successful and where they’re still struggling to address the increasing complexity of meeting the performance expectations of web and mobile customers.”
Download the “Best of the Web Performance Trends 2011” at http://ow.ly/adzvc (no registration required)
More at www.compuware.com.