SOUTHFIELD — Verizon Wireless Tuesday announced an expansion of its high-speed 4G LTE service across more of southeastern Michigan.
The expansion now reaches:
Port Huron Area
* The following cities along I-94 and Gratiot Avenue between Mt. Clemens and Port Huron: Keewahdin, Atkins, Port Huron, Thornton, Kimball, Wales Center, Marysville, Memphis, Columbus, Armada, St. Clair, Romeo, Richmond, Ray Center, Casco, New Haven, Marine City, New Baltimore, Algonac and Anchor Bay
Northern Oakland County
* The following cities along I-75 between Detroit and Northern Saginaw: Oxford, Lake Orion, Groveland Corners, Holly, Rose Corners, Davisburg, Springfield, Clyde, Waterford, Highland and White Lake
* The following cities along US-23 between Hartland and Flint: Tyrone Township, Parshallville and Hartland
* The following cities along I-96 between Brighton and Webberville: Fowlerville, Howell, Genoa Township, Marion Township, Chilson, Pettysville and Pinckney
* From Ann Arbor west to the Washtenaw County border, including Chelsea, Dexter and Hudson Mills
Verizon Wireless has invested $1.8 billion in its Michigan network since 2000, including $265 million in 2011 alone, to increase coverage and capacity on behalf of its customers.
Within Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE service area, Verizon customers with 4G LTE-enabled devices can stream video, share music and photos, surf the Web and download files at speeds up to 10 times faster than customers on 3G networks. For businesses using the network, the increasing spread of broadband connectivity provides the most sophisticated wireless capabilities for economic advancement.
In real-world, fully loaded network environments, Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE customers in the coverage area should experience average data rates of 5 to 12 megabits per second on the downlink and 2 to 5 Mbps on the uplink.
When customers travel outside of a 4G LTE coverage area in Michigan or elsewhere, the devices automatically connect to Verizon Wireless’ 3G network, enabling customers to stay connected from coast to coast.
The Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network was named “Fastest 4G Network Yet” by Popular Science’s 2011 Best of What’s New Awards, and was also ranked No. 1 on PC World’s 100 Best Products of 2011. For more information about Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network, please visit www.verizonwireless.com/lte.