DETROIT (WWJ) – The mother of 2-year-old Bianca Jones, who went missing in December, is being spared from homelessness and will formally receive the keys to her home on Thursday.
Earlier this month, Banika Jones learned she was losing her home in Detroit. But Detroit Rescue Mission Ministries stepped in to help. They saved the house, which will also be refurbished.
Jones told WWJ Newsradio 940 it’s been a tough year for her.
“Even before my daughter was kidnapped there was so much difficulty and just trying to make ends meet and just trying to persevere,” said Jones. “And it’s still very hard with my daughter being missing, and it’s still something that weighs heavy on my heart.”
Bianca’s father has been charged in her disappearance and murder. He maintains his innocence, and Jones believes him.
“I’m staying with my original belief and statement that I do not believe that her father hurt her in any way. And I believe that my daughter is still alive and she is still out there,” she said.
Bianca’s father, D’Andre Lane, has maintained his innocence throughout the case, saying the child was taken in a car-jacking.
Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy has said there was no car-jacking and that Lane’s story was not consistent with the facts of the case.