Top 5 Spring Fix-Up Tips For Your Home
ANN ARBOR (WWJ) - Spring has arrived, meaning it’s time for home repairs.
Local home improvement service Mr. Handyman released a list of the top five actions homeowners should take to get their houses in shape.
1. Gutter Installation/Cleaning – Gutters, one of the most underrated aspects of any home, will extend the life of the roof, soffits and fascia of a house. For the integrity of the roof, having the gutters cleaned is highly recommended.
2. Window Frame Repair – It’s time to let in the fresh air and cool breezes. This is especially tricky with a busted window, which happens frequently when the weather is cold.
3. Power Washing Services – Getting the house, deck, and patio furniture professionally power washed can really increase curb appeal. Not only does power washing reduce wear and tear, it makes everything look good as new.
4. Deck Repair – Perform a careful inspection of the deck to determine areas that will need attention. Are railings solidly fastened? Is the surface splintered or have nails exposed? Does any framing need to be replaced? Make a list of all the work to be done to stay safe this summer.
5. Wood Rot Repair – Wood rot usually means there is underlying damage caused by water leaking behind the siding or between seams. Oftentimes, the leaking and rotting began years before, hidden from sight. Underneath, however, soaked wood has begun to rot and may be infested with insects.
For more maintenance and repair tips, visit www.mrhandyman.com.