ADDISON (WWJ) – A new report says a Michigan-native Army Captain who died in Afghanistan Tuesday was video-chatting with his wife when he was killed — leaving her to witness the whole thing.

WHAM-TV in Rochester, New York, says Bruce Kevin Clark, an Army medic who grew up in Addison, was in the midst of a weekly Skype session with his wife when he died.

His sister-in-law, Mariana Barry, told the TV station that Clark loved his job.

“He loved being in the military and he loved serving his country. He was absolutely willing to make any sacrifice and it’s just horrible that this is the sacrifice that he ended up making,” she said.

Clark was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom in Tarin Kowt, Afghanistan. He was assigned to A Company, Troop Command, William Beaumont Army Medical Center, in El Paso, Texas. The 43-year-old had received several medals during his six years in the service.

Clark, who was deployed to Afghanistan in March, is survived by his wife and two daughters, ages 3 and 9.

“We’re going to try to take care of my sister and my nieces the way that Kevin would have taken care of them and the way that he would want us to take care of them,” said Barry.

Clark’s body was returned Thursday to Dover Air Force Base in Delaware. His funeral will be in New York, where the family has lived for several years, while a memorial service is planned in Michigan.

The Department of Defense has not said much about Clark’s death, expect that they are still investigating. A cause of death hasn’t been released.

Friends, family and well-wishers have been sharing their thoughts on a Facebook page for Clark: CPT Bruce Kevin Clark Memorial Page.


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Watch & Listen LIVE