State To Host Virtual Career Fair for Health Care Talent
LANSING — The state of Michigan will host a live virtual career fair on Thursday, May 10 to connect top health care talent and Michigan employers with jobs to fill.
MiVirtualCareerFair: Healthcare will provide an interactive online platform for employers to review and recruit skilled health care professionals from anywhere in the world within a live, 3-D virtual environment. The career fair will be live online from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Thursday, May 10.
“Michigan hospitals, rehab facilities, physician’s offices — the entire range of healthcare employers — have an urgent need for top talent,” said Amy Cell, Senior Vice President for Talent Enhancement at the Michigan Economic Development Corp. “MiVirtualCareerFair will allow busy healthcare professionals to explore new career options and meet one-on-one with employers, all without leaving their home or office.”
MiVirtualCareerFair follows the December 2011 launch of Pure Michigan Talent Connect, an online talent marketplace bringing together thousands of jobs, unique career calculators and resources for employers seeking talent.
On Feb. 15, MEDC held the state’s first-ever virtual career fair for IT and high tech talent, bringing together 19 employers and more than 1,500 job seekers in a virtual, interactive environment.
MiVirtualCareerFair: Healthcare will provide the opportunity to:
* Connect and interact with recruiters and candidates from wherever you are, avoiding the time and expense of traditional career fairs.
* Upload and submit resumes for multiple job listings.
* Meet other job seekers and employers in the Networking Lounge.
* View informational videos in the auditorium.
* Use Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to search for connections and update your status from within the event.
At MiVirtualCareerFair: Healthcare, employer representatives will host exhibitor booths customized with logos, links to company profiles, job postings, employee benefits, and employer contact information. Post-event, employers will receive in-depth analytics including candidate resumes, applications, chat transcripts, and booth visit data. All job openings posted during the fair will be accessible to participants for 30 days after the live event.
Job seekers can register for the free career fair and view informational videos on the virtual environment and how to navigate within it at www.MiTalent.org/VirtualCareerFair,
The state of Michigan will host a number of MiVirtualCareerFair events in 2012 aimed at finding specialized, hard-to-find talent for Michigan companies. MiVirtualCareerFair is the newest tool in the state’s talent toolbox, joining a roster of innovative programs designed to recruit, retain, and train top talent to meet the needs of Michigan employers.
* LiveWorkDetroit: Recent and current college students and new professionals learn the best – and often little known – reasons to live, work and play in Michigan’s largest city. The one-day immersion includes networking opportunities with business leaders who have jobs to fill now. To learn more, visit www.mitalent.org/LiveWorkDetroit.
* MichAgain: Targeting out-of-state talent with a Michigan connection, MichAgain hosts networking events around the country with Michigan employers on hand looking to hire for in-demand jobs. To learn more, visit http://michagain.org.
* Michigan Shifting Gears and Michigan Shifting Code: Intensive, low-cost courses for people interested in shifting careers. Shifting Heroes is a new initiative designed to recruit veterans for the life-changing Shifting Gears program.
* Pure Michigan Opportunity: In cities around the state, recent college graduates and talented job seekers learn the best places to live and play, while networking with local employers, all with available jobs. Watch for the next Pure Michigan Opportunity event here.
“One of the fastest growing sectors of the Michigan economy is health care,” Cell said. “We’re implementing innovative strategies to make sure Michigan’s health care employers can find the talented professionals they need to thrive now and into the future. MiVirtualCareerFair allows us to deliver talented job seekers right to an employer’s doorstep from anywhere in the world.”